HAPPY 7th Sunday of EASTER!
– One Sound, Destiny Malcolm
Gathering for Worship
– Rev. Karla Fredericksen
Call to Worship & Opening Prayer
– Mark Fredericksen
I Don’t Know About Tomorrow
– The Petersons
“Are we there yet!?”
– Maren Miller
Listening for the Word
(The video below shows all of the following…)
–– Read by Mark Fredericksen
by Rev. Karla Fredericksen
Prayers of the People – Pastor Karla
Prayers of Lament, Intercession
Prayers of Thanksgiving
How Long, O Lord?
– My Soul Among Lions
For monetary offerings:
- checks sent to CUMC, P.O. Box 417, Chehalis, WA 98532.
- Cash, brought to the church office (in an envelope, please) – use the dropbox, if needed.
- On the DONATE page of this website using a debit or credit card, or PayPal.
- Bill-payer: on your bank’s bill-payer set an automatic monthly amount.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE WORK OF CHRIST THROUGH THE CHURCH!!
Announcements – HERE’s the BIG NEWS!!!
Heal the World
– Sung by Andrea LaBlanc and Friends
Go in peace, go in love, go in joy!
being followers of Jesus – all the way.
Thanks be to God!
Announcements / “Soundbites”
- This week Pastor Karla will be available by calling her cell phone. Please leave a message, if needed, and she’ll call back during breaks – She is attending a virtual seminar, till about 2 p.m. Monday-Friday. Don’t hesitate to call 206-226-4694
(No Tuesday office hours.)
- T – W – Th – 10AM-1PM – office hours (Valerie)
- Wednesday – 6:30 PM – Bible Study: “ACTS” (see article below)
- BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!
NEXT SUNDAY (May 23rd) – 11:00 AM – WORSHIP IN THE SANCTUARY!!
Starting early in AM – also worship STILL online at http://chehalisumc.org
(Worship Watchers group will be discontinued at this time, however.)
Worship is LIVE in the
sanctuary NEXT WEEK!!
We will be celebrating Pentecost
in our old familiar space!
HERE is a SUMMARY of the plan – with details that you will find on the church website http://chehalisumc.org early this week:
- We will begin to meet for WORSHIP again in-person, in the sanctuary on Pentecost Sunday, May 23 (up to 50 persons per gathering, up to 2 gatherings)
- Worship participants will be wearing face masks for the time being.
- Participants will sit in family groups, with 6 feet distance between groups.
- There are no children’s activities, including childcare.
- There will be no hymn-singing. One soloist may sing one song, or play one wind instrument for one performance, with greater distance, and re-masking when not performing.
- Speakers during the service may remove their mask only while speaking, with distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be used on entering building, self-screen questions on a sign.
- Sign-ins to the building will no longer be necessary.
- Windows will be open as feasible, and other methods of extra ventilation of the spaces used indoors. (Wear a jacket even indoors on cool days.)
- Surfaces will be wiped down, as appropriate after the gathering has ended.
OTHER GATHERINGS (besides worship) may include up to 15 persons (target of 10), for Bible Study, prayer, committees, etc. in distance-appropriate spaces. ALL must be scheduled and approved in advance by the pastor, up to 2 per week.
But is it safe??
Because of new CDC guidelines, and Bishop’s guidelines, we DO believe it is safe. So many of our members and constituents are immunized at this point, CDC says they could potentially go without masks! However, out of an abundance of caution and not to leave out those who are not able to be immunized, we will still wear masks and continue to distance for now. When Lewis county’s active infection rates lower to a more acceptable level this might change.
We would like to acknowledge that there are still people who do not feel safe making this change so quickly. There are some who are immune-compromised, or for whatever reason are unwilling or unable to be vaccinated. And there are those with underlying conditions which make them hestitant to be indoors in a group, even when vaccinated. Each person must make their own decision about vaccination, and about attendance. So, respecting the right of adults to choose the level of risk they will accept, no adult may be excluded from church activities due to health conditions or vaccination status. AND we will continue to provide access to worship through the internet, by video-recording the service and putting it up for viewing by Sunday afternoon.
Wednesday Night Bible Study
Our Current Bible Study is “Acts,” via Zoom. It’s not too late to start the study with us!
-The next session is #5 in the book, and pre-reading chapters from 11-12 from the Bible could be helpful. It is a quick read, but attend even if you haven’t read it.
If you want to attend, but don’t have internet or a good connection at home, Mary Dahlstrom will meet you at church and she’ll Zoom to everyone else from there. Please let her know if you need to be there. She’ll stay home otherwise.
Here is the link to use to join the ZOOM BIBLE STUDY on an internet enabled device, smartphone or computer – https://greaternw.zoom.us/j/93573921173 – We are able to screen share pages or videos. Calling in without video gives you less advantage, though you could still hear the video, and would be welcome to listen in and join the discussion from your phone, OR take Mary up on her offer to zoom with her at the church! Additional ways to connect are:
One tap mobile +12532158782,,93573921173# (Tacoma).
Dial on any regular phone (landline) +1 253 215 8782 (Tacoma), then enter when prompted: Meeting ID: 935 7392 1173
“Worship Watchers” group discontinued…
Worship Watchers group will be discontinued starting next Sunday, and all are invited to attend worship at 11:00 LIVE in the sanctuary!!
THE UPPER ROOM
A FREE online version of the Upper Room is available, click this link: The Upper Room. This is available to us because our church subscribes and gets hard copies of the booklets. These are available at the church building. If for some reason you haven’t gotten one yet, or prefer to get the online version, then use the link above either for temporary use, or all the time during the pandemic.
The Friendly Caller – May 2021
Here is a copy of the Friendly Caller (our monthly newsletter) for MAY – ENJOY!
(NOTE: Clicking the link on the left will open the newsletter to read or print, clicking “download” will put a copy in your device’s downloaded files. Either can be read or printed.)