Carol of the Bells
Played by Audrey and Lillian
Call to Worship and Prayer
Blessing for Waiting
by Jan Richardson in
“Circle of Grace: Book of Blessings for the Seasons”
We wait for new heavens and new earth – 2 Peter 3:13
Come Thou Long Expected Jesus
– UM Hymnal #196
Lighting the Advent Wreath
Reading and Lighting by Valerie Sullivan
(with Pastor Karla)
Please don’t forget that you are invited to light your own advent candles at home along with our lighting on this screen.
“Brand New!” – Marin Miller
Read by Mark Fredericksen
Rev. Karla Fredericksen
My Soul in Stillness Waits – Marty Haugen
Prayers of the People
Rev. Karla Fredericksen
Prayers of Concern
Prayers of Gratitude and Thanks
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power and the glory forever.
Take note of the ways to give: Our time, our gifts and talents, our worship and praise, our service in church and community, and our monetary gifts. During this pandemic, please remember the church still pays minimal staff and building expenses, so keep the church in mind for your giving.
For monetary offerings:
- checks sent to CUMC, P.O. Box 417, Chehalis, WA 98532.
- Cash, of course, would have to be brought to the church office (in an envelope, please) during office hours (Tues 10AM to 4PM; Wed-Thur, 10-1:00)
- On the DONATE page of this website find a link to our giving site, using a debit or credit card, or your own PayPal account.
- Bill-payer: Some prefer to use their own bank’s bill-payerand set an automatic monthly amount. (We like this one!)
HERE IS SOME OFFERTORY MUSIC!
We live in Hope – Garland
Dedication Prayer for Offering
(The following video contains
This prayer and the announcements
and Benediction that follow)
Ode to Joy to The World
God bless you and keep you safe.
Go church, in thanksgiving,
to be God’s people wherever you are!
Announcements / “Soundbites”
(See articles below for details)
- TONIGHT! – 7:00 PM – EVENING VESPERS with Communion. This is always a short service. Bring your bread and “wine.”
- Tuesday – 10:00 AM – Coffee hour – via zoom
- Tuesday – 6:30 PM – Personnel committee (Yes, one more.)
- Wednesday – 6:30 – 7:45 PM – Advent Study “Incarnation” – see link below
- Next Sunday – 9:00 AM – Worship is available by this time each week, on this website. NEXT WEEK is the Third Sunday of Advent – Magnificat, Joy, Gaudette Sunday.
Advent Study continues
THIS WEEK on Wednesday, Dec. 9 at 6:30 PM – zoom connection below.
December 2, is the third week of the Advent Study by Adam Hamilton: Incarnation. Remaining classes are Dec 9 and 16. We are screen-sharing Adam Hamilton’s video on zoom, each week, before our discussion of the ideas presented.
There is still one book left in the church office. Come borrow if you’d like to join in still. (Leave a note “borrowing” with your name, please. This will go into the church library at the end of the study.)
There are 5 weeks of lessons in the book. That’s why we started early (Advent actually began last Sunday). The study concludes on Dec. 16.
Here is the link to use to join the ZOOM class on an internet enabled device, smartphone or computer - https://greaternw.zoom.us/j/93573921173 - We will be able to screen share the video with Adam Hamilton, so calling in without video is not advised (though you could still hear the video).
“Coffee Hour” – Tuesday 10:00 AM
This is an opportunity to see and hear other church people, share your joys and concerns, and pray together! This is sort of our way of replacing the coffee hour on Sundays! To join the chatter follow the link at 10:00 AM Tuesday THIS WEEK.
OH! and Hint: Bring your own coffee and/or snack!
Join Zoom Meeting – This is the NEWEST link!!
For alternative ways to join click the next link and read! Everyone can come, EVEN BY REGULAR LANDLINE PHONE!
More info and more links: “COFFEE HOUR” POST
ADVENT STUDY “INCARNATION” continues – Remaining weeks: Dec 9, 16
CHRISTMAS EVE OUTDOOR CANDLELIGHT – This could be a VERY short one depending on weather, right? But in the VERY least (EVEN if there’s snow, if not too much to make driving dangerous) hear the story read, and we will light candles and sing “Silent Night”!