Please use this page as you would any webpage, scrolling down through the order of worship, will bring you to videos along the way! (They aren’t ads, though.) Stop to watch, listen, and enjoy the elements of worship. WELCOME!
Come and Find the Quiet Center
– (The Faith We Sing #2128)
Call to Worship
Led by Aric Fisher
You can follow the words to this Call and
the Opening Prayer, below this video window.
Leader: I was glad when they said to me,
let us go to meet the Living God.
People: This is the day when we rejoice
in God’s act of creation.
Leader: This is our Sabbath, when we rejoice in
the resurrection of Jesus the Christ.
People: We give thanks that once more,
God has brought us together in this way,
that we might refresh ourselves.
Leader: Peace to all this day and every day,
in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
We reach out to you, God,
in our believing and in our doubting.
We reach out to you with
our dreams, our songs, and our listening.
We know you have already reached out to us
before we even thought about reaching out to you
so we come to you giving you thanks today. Amen.
How Majestic is Your Name – The Faith We Sing #2023
“The Stuck Jar”
Read by Aric Fisher
Romans 12: 9-21
Response: This is the word of God for the people of God.
THANKS BE TO GOD!
“Self Denial!? – Rev. Karla Fredericksen
Where He Leads Me – United Methodist Hymnal #338
Prayers of the People
Rev. Karla Fredericksen
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power and glory forever. Amen.
Here are some highlights – A more full description of these items and more look in the announcement section, which is after the Closing Music
- Tuesday – 10:00 AM (note time change) – Coffee hour – via zoom (links after the end of worship)
- Tuesday – 6:30 PM – Personnel Committee (SPR/Nominations)
- Next Sunday – 10:00 AM – Worship is available by this time each week, on this website. (Call Karla 206-226-4694, and volunteer to videotape the readings – you can use a cellphone or laptop or video camera, or if unequipped or un-techy meet Karla or Dianne at the church to video.)
- Next Sunday Night – 7:00 PM – Vespers with Holy Communion – via zoom (Please bring your own bread and “wine” to bless together.)
Take note of the ways to give: Our time, our gifts and talents, our worship, our service in church and community, and our monetary gifts. During this pandemic moment in time, please remember the church in your giving. Take note of several venues to contribute without an offering plate being passed:
- checks sent to CUMC, P.O. Box 417, Chehalis, WA 98532.
- Cash, of course, would have to be brought to the church office (in an envelope, please) during office hours (T-W-Th, 10-1:00)
- On the DONATE page find a link to our giving site, using a debit or credit card, or your own PayPal account.
- Bill-payer: Some prefer to use their own bank’s bill-payerand set an automatic monthly amount. (We like this one!)
HERE’S Some Offertory Music:
A Prayer for the Offering
by Pastor Karla
On your own
May your loving spirit warm us,
breathe new life into us,
and free us for the work and the joys that are before us!
May all we say, all that we do,
all that compels us,
be inspired by your passion, your love, grace and goodness. Amen.
The Blessing (South Africa)
God bless you and keep you.
May God’s face shine upon you.
God be gracious unto you.
The Lord turn his face toward you,
and give you peace. Amen.
Announcements / “Soundbites”
- Tuesday – “Coffee Hour” 10:00 AM – See notice below for link. – note time change!
- Tuesday – Personnel Committee 6:30 PM
- Wednesday Stretch is being revamped! Call Dianne S. to learn more and discuss.
- Next Sunday – 10:00 AM – Worship is available by this time each week, on this website. (Call Karla 206-226-4694, and volunteer to videotape the readings – you can use a cellphone, you know.)
“Coffee Hour” – Tuesday 10:00 AM
To join the ZOOM (live) chat follow this Link!
This is an opportunity to see and hear other church people, share your joys and concerns, and pray together! This is sort of our way of replacing the coffee hour on Sundays! To join the chatter follow this link at 10:00 AM Tuesday THIS WEEK.
(Don’t be afraid…) For alternative ways to join click the next link and read! Everyone can come, EVEN BY REGULAR LANDLINE PHONE! More info: “COFFEE HOUR” POST OH! and Hint: Bring your own coffee and/or snack!
Wednesday Stretch Group is changing
Restorative Stretch is changing what we are doing and the way we are connecting. We’re excited to be doing more floor/mat exercises plus there will be occasional special sessions such as meditation or tapping.
If you are interested in joining our new format please contact Dianne Stefanini at 360-669-9380 for more information. (The Zoom link that we’ve been posting on this site is no longer valid.)
Remember: It’s always too soon to quit so keep finding ways to be active and to stay healthy!
This month’s Friendly Caller (newsletter) should have arrived if you are on our mailing list. If you or someone you know needs to be added to the list, call Valerie at 360-748-7334 to let her know. – You may also view a copy of the FC during the month on the CURRENT EVENTS page of this website!
Do you hear what I hear?
Well, not yet, but the bells are warming up! Calling all bell players! Soon we’ll have bell solos, duets and trios recording especially for our worship services. If you fit that catagory, you should have gotten an email from Mary Dahlstrom inviting you to volunteer to help out. If you somehow missed it, contact her.
Listeners, get ready! Be watching our worship for some home-grown special music in the coming weeks.
Take the Census!
This is an important event and will make a difference in how federal dollars are used to support special services in our area for the next decade! Take the census, if your haven’t already, and be sure to remind your neighbors to take it, too! It’s not too late!
For more info go to: https://2020census.gov/