Jesus Calls Us O’er the Tumult – Koine
Tune out the chaotic noise of this world and hear the voice of Jesus calling to you, “Love ME more than these…”
Call to Worship
Led by Dianne and George Stefanini
Follow words and join in, words below video
We come seeking sanctuary from conflict and grief
in our personal and family lives.
Holy God, help us know you better.
We come seeking hope in the hard feelings
and arguments in our communities and nation.
God, help us to understand you better.
We come seeking a dream of true peace in the
midst of conflict, religious tensions,
and suffering all around us.
Holy One, help us to understand your ways of bringing peace.
We reach out to you, God,
in our believing and in our doubting.
We reach out to you with
our dreams, our songs, and our listening.
We know you have already reached out to us
before we even thought about reaching out to you
so we also come to give you thanks today.
Come Christians Join to Sing – UM Hymnal #158
Romans 10:8-13 – Read by George Stefanini
Matthew 14:22-33 – Read by Dianne Stefanini
Response: This is the word of God for the people of God.
THANKS BE TO GOD!
“It is I, be not afraid!” Rev. Karla Fredericksen
Prayers of the People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power and glory forever. Amen.
Here are some highlights – A more full description of these items and more follow in the announcement section, which is after the Closing Music
- Tuesday – 10:00AM (note time change) – Coffee hour – via zoom (links below)
- Wednesday – 10:00AM – Restorative Stretch Group (zoom link in article below)
- Next Sunday – 10:00 AM – Worship is available by this time each week, on this website. (Call Karla 206-226-4694, and volunteer to videotape the readings – you can use a cellphone if you don’t have a videocamera.)
Take note of the ways to give: Our time, our gifts and talents, our worship, our service in church and community, and our monetary gifts. During this pandemic moment in time, please remember the church in your giving. Take note of several venues to contribute without an offering plate being passed.
- checks sent to CUMC, P.O. Box 417, Chehalis, WA 98532.
- Cash, of course, would have to be brought to the church office during office hours (T-W-Th, 10-1:00)
- On the DONATE page find a link to our giving site, using a debit or credit card, or your own PayPal account.
- Bill-payer: Some prefer to use their own bank’s bill-payerand set an automatic monthly amount. (We like this one!)
A Prayer for the Offering by Pastor Karla
HERE’S Some Offertory Music:
What a Wonderful World – Thiele and Weiss
(Thought the icy picture might make you feel a little cooler this week.)
When others reach out to us in love,
and we reach out to others,
we see you face to face, loving God.
As we see you in the faces of those who minister to and with us,
may we also see your face in those we are called to serve.
The Blessing (Singapore)
God bless you and keep you.
May God’s face shine upon you.
God be gracious unto you.
The Lord turn his face toward you,
and give you peace. Amen.
Announcements / “Soundbites”
- Tuesday – “Coffee Hour” 10:00 AM – See notice below for link. – note time change!
- (“Unraveled” Bible Study is postponed for the rest of the summer.)
- Wednesday – 10:00 AM – Restorative Stretch Group
- Next Sunday – 10:00 AM – Worship is available by this time each week, on this website. (Call Karla 206-226-4694, and volunteer to videotape the readings – you can use a cellphone, you know.)
“Coffee Hour” – Tuesday 10:00 AM
To join the ZOOM (live) chat follow this Link!
This is an opportunity to see and hear other church people, share your joys and concerns, and pray together! This is sort of our way of replacing the coffee hour on Sundays! To join the chatter follow this link at 10:00 AM Tuesday THIS WEEK – note the time change!
(Don’t be afraid…) For alternative ways to join click the next link and read! Everyone can come, EVEN BY REGULAR LANDLINE PHONE! More info: “COFFEE HOUR” POST OH! and Hint: Bring your own coffee and/or snack!
Wednesdays – Stretch Group
SEE THE ARTICLE about the stretch group, and a link to the ZOOM gathering, AT THIS PAGE – Click on it: CURRENT EVENTS!
New! REIMAGINING GROUP
Our first meeting was Saturday, July 11. We’ve begun plans for reopening in-person worship when the opportunity arrives. (That is, when the new cases of COVID-19 have subsided enough to be safe. So it is still months away.) Our conference has given guidelines and we need to fill in some of the details. We can look at this as our opportunity to be innovative and creative in our planning and implementing of a new kind of gathering! Prayers for God to guide us, are welcomed!