- The SUMMER worship time at 10AM Sundays, will end after the Sept 8 service.
- The Fall Schedule Begins on September 15:
9:30 AM – Faithlink Class (Adults) – child care for up to 8 yr.
11:00 AM – WORSHIP and KID ZONE (ages 5-12)
- Child care is provided during worship (in addition for Kid Zone).
- Following worship every Sunday: Everyone is welcome to stay for snacks and beverages in Boadway Hall. This is get-acquainted time.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN ACCOMPANIST FOR THE CHOIR!
If you, or someone you know, have the talent and want a very part-time job accompanying one anthem each week (usually) on Sundays, check out our job description and how to apply HERE: Now Hiring: Choir Accompanist
Small Group/Fellowship Opportunities:
- Sunday mornings following Worship there is always some kind of foods, beverages and fellowship. Fall through Spring, the Second Sunday there is often a fellowship LUNCH or Potluck.
- Sunday “CrossOver” Study – 6:30 PM, EVERY OTHER Sunday (approximately) Next classes are Sept 8 and 22, – Brian McLaren’s book, “We Make the Road by Walking” is the starting point for this conference-wide study. Facilitated at CUMC by Beth Wilson.
- Monday Grief Share Group – 3:30 PM – Facilitated by Kathy Westergard, this group explores the thoughts, feelings, and struggles of loss and grief. CURRENTLY the Grief Share Group is in recess – please call the church office (360-748-734) to see if there is another class starting soon.
- Monday Night Fellowship – 6 PM at Frosty’s in Napavine – get a good, and cheap, burger and share your lives on Monday nights!
- Wednesday Men’s Fellowship Breakfast – at Rib Eye Restaurant, 6 AM
- Thursdays – Restorative Stretch Exercise Group – in the church basement, north end, at 10:30 AM each week. FREE.
- Thursday – Home Bible Study & Fellowship, 6:30 PM (Sept – June). Classes resume on September 26, and continue on 2nd and 4th Thursday evenings at the church. Come for fellowship, and have a snack together, then study a fascinating topic based on Bible and teachings from the current book study.
- 4th Friday – ROMEOs (Rare Odd Men Eating Out) – at the Hometown Diner in Centralia, 11:30 AM. Just for the fun of men bonding! Dutch treat. Contact Ken Kristenson for more info.
- 4th Friday Women’s Luncheon – 4th Fridays at 11:30, at Woodland Village dining room. Dutch treat ($7). Just for celebrating birthdays and women getting together! RSVP with Jeanine Grant.
- 4th Saturday – Mission/Outreach group serves the Gospel Mission Brunch – A free brunch 9-11 is served every Saturday and Sunday at the GM – Our day to prepare and serve is the 4th Saturday of each month.
THE CHURCH IN MISSION:
WE LEARN TOGETHER:
The Faithlink class on Sunday mornings is September through May. 9:30 AM on Sundays Fall sessions begin again on September 15!
The Kid Zone which begins at the children’s sermon on Sunday mornings is also September through June. It starts as children leave worship about 11:10 AM (Sunday), after the children’s sermon. Children leave to the activity zone, and adults continue the worship service with sermon, etc. The class returns for the Fall session on Sept. 15!
– Note our section on the sidebar that has links to many of the publications from our district, conference and general conference – keep up on all the United Methodist News.